The Community Bulletin Board on SPTV is available for airing public announcements or messages that are non-commercial and deemed to be informational to South Plainfield Borough residents. These messages include the announcement of events or services sponsored or conducted by municipal, educational or non-profit community groups or organizations. Specific guidelines are listed below.
· Announcements of events or services sponsored by municipal entities or non-profit community organizations from neighboring communities that may be of interest to South Plainfield residents may be placed on the bulletin board if programming and editing time permit.
· Personal ads will not be accepted.
· Ads for political campaigns will not be accepted.
· Announcements may not contain references to:
o Lotteries, bingo, or other games of chance or;
o Alcoholic beverages or cash or open bars.
· Meetings of non-profit, non-municipal groups may be announced; however announcements of internal organization meetings (e.g., a finance committee of XYZ Club) will not be carried unless subject to Sunshine Laws.
· The starting times and locations of religious services conducted by religious organizations within the Borough may be posted on a religious services page.
· All messages should include the name of the event (e.g., a spring bazaar and luncheon) or service (e.g., flu shots), the name of the sponsoring organization, date, time, location, costs and contact person, phone number and website.
· The design of the screen including the colors, character fonts, style, and layout of the announcement will be decided by the South Plainfield Television Committee.