Check here often for Music Department News!!!
Attached you will find an invitation to our upcoming concert. The attached letter has some details regarding the concert. Our students have been working very hard on this program and we would like to you in attendance.
Just a couple of notes:
· Dress for the concert will be their green SPMS Music Polo shirts, black pants and black shoes and socks.
o The shirts were distributed to the students today.
o Pants only. No skirts, dresses, leggings, sweatpants.
§ If you need to purchase any items, you can find a coupon for Kohls here: http://www.kohls.com/sale-event/coupons-deals.jsp
· Students are expected to stay until the end of the concert. The performance is only half of the educational experience. Students need to also practice their concert etiquette.
· The concert will start at 6:30pm. Band and orchestra students should arrive at 5:45pm and Chorus students at 5:30pm. Percussion students can arrive at 6:00pm, but should expect to stay a little after the concert to help clean up.
· The concert counts as a test grade. This event is the culmination of 3 months of work and students depend on each other in order to be able to put on their best performance. Please refer to the handbook regarding our attendance policy. http://spboe.org/site/handlers/filedownload.ashx?moduleinstanceid=6139&dataid=10691&FileName=Middle%20School%20Music%20Handbook%202017.pdf
Any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
We are looking forward to having you part of an awesome program.
We are looking forward to meeting you at Back to School Night this evening. Band, chorus, and orchestra classes will be meeting together in Room 39 for this evening’s program. 8th grade music classes are during period 2 and 7th grade music classes are during period 3.
Also, the attached form is due to be returned by tomorrow. We will be more than happy to take them this evening.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
The music department is looking forward to an awesome year and we are glad that your child is going to be part of our organization. I have attached a copy of our opening day mailing. Please return the handbook form by Friday, 9/11 and the Polo Shirt order form by Oct. 1. Please note that any funds for the music department must be submitted via check or money order. We do not accept cash.
Just a couple of reminders:
· Performances: There are three performances for our groups that are mandatory. These are listed on the letter and in the handbook. There should not be any conflicts for students involved in sports.
· Twitter: Please follow us on Twitter @SPMSMusicDept
· Concert Shirts: We are using a slightly new design with our new logo for the concert shirts. If you have an old shirt, that will be acceptable as we are allowing both shirts for our concerts. Also, please try on the shirt to see if it fits. Shirts will be delivered to the students before the first concert in December.
We hope to see you on September 10 during back to school night. All music class will meet in room 39 that evening.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact:
Mr. Veiss for band at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Livecchi for Orchestra at: email@example.com
Miss Maddolin for Chorus at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also get us at ext. 378